[egenix-users] Integer data issues with MS Access

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Nov 15 10:51:40 CET 2006

Volodymyr Cherepanyak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have issue with reading data from MS Access .mdb  file on linux. Column
> names are not present in select results, integer data miss represented.
>
> Col0
> 3158067
> 3486259
>
> but in isql the same query returns:
>
> item_qty
> 300
> 325
>
> the item_qty type is Integer
>
> Configuration: Zope 2.9.5, Python 2.4.3., mxODBCDA (
> egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.10.linux-i686-py2.4_ucs2.zip ), FedoraCore 4,
> unixODBC 2.2.11-3, mdbtools-20051217-1

This looks like a problem with the mdbtools ODBC driver having
problems with returning integer values.

Note that isql fetches all data as strings, while mxODBC uses
the data types that the ODBC driver announces for each column.

You might want to try the connection option 'Fetch short integers
as integers ?'.

If that doesn't help, there's not a lot we can do. While we do
try to support as many different ODBC drivers as possible,
we still have to rely on them providing working interfaces.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 15 2006)