[egenix-users] Zope mxODBC DA - ConflictError Problem

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Jul 14 15:35:03 CEST 2006

Hi Guys,

I've been plagued by Conflict Errors for a few days now - initially, all
relating to temporary storage. I've eliminated my use of the session to
store user preferences, and although the temporary storage problem has
been reduced or eliminated (early days yet) I am seeing these errors
again, but now apparently related to the database adapter.

The application is a fairly simple RDBMS application, using Zope TTW
techniques, running under the Enfold version of Plone against MS SQL
Server 2K. All database access is via bog standard TTW ZSQL methods.

The errors I am now seeing are as follows: -

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Zope2.App.startup, line 167, in zpublisher_exception_hook
  Module Zope2.App.startup, line 233, in commit
  Module transaction._manager, line 84, in commit
  Module transaction._transaction, line 381, in commit
  Module transaction._transaction, line 379, in commit
  Module transaction._transaction, line 427, in _commitResources
  Module ZODB.Connection, line 637, in tpc_vote
  Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 893, in tpc_vote
  Module ZEO.ClientStorage, line 877, in _check_serials
ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0x6d2a, class
Products.mxODBCZopeDA.ZopeDA.ZopeConnection, serial this txn started
with 0x0366cf5837559b44 2006-07-14 12:40:12.969000, serial currently
committed 0x0366cf586d44f300 2006-07-14 12:40:25.610000)

FWIW, I have recently upgraded from 1.0.9 to 1.0.10 of the DA.

Has anyone else seen anything similar, or can anyone give me a pointer
as to how to troubleshoot this?

--

Regards,

PhilK

"Human language continually changes, innit."
- Stephen Juan