[egenix-users] mx.ODBC.unixODBC: Datasource not found

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Thu Dec 7 15:45:56 CET 2006

Am 07.12.2006, 14:22 Uhr, schrieb Georges Racinet <gracinet at nuxeo.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>  I'm trying to get mxODBC to work with unixODBC, and I get the following
> error
> [iODBC] Datasource not found and not default driver (from memory, sorry)

Please provide a full traceback.

>  Actually, as those also reading the unixODBC support mailing-list
> already know, my
> unixODBC setup doesn't work so well, but it can initiate a connection,
> the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini

We're not on that list and are, therefore, not familiar with your setup.

> are thus ok. This really looks as if those files were ignored in the
> mxODBC context.

Presumably but it can't find it.

>  I tried to duplicate my .ini files from to /etc/unixODBC/ to /etc/,
> with no effect.

Check your paths and envrionment varibales including LDCONFIG

> Tried to play with ODBCINI env variable - same.
>  I'm a bit confused by the [iODBC] appearing in the error message. I
> imported
> mx.ODBC.unixODBC and tried both  'connect' and 'DriverConnect'

We are also a bit surprised but without your code and the tracebacks there
is nothing we can do.

>  Any help would be very appreciated, thank you very much !
> Have a nice day.
>  PS: BTW this will be used in a Zope context. I suppose it's ok to
> validate that the connection works
> with the pure python library and by the Zope encapsulated version
> licences, right ?

Sorry, I do not understand what you mean here. The mxODBC Zope DA contains
a different version of mxODBC than mxCommercial.

Charlie