[egenix-users] ['mxDateTime.__version__'] no longer ignorable

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Sep 24 12:33:22 CEST 2005

Mike Cariaso wrote:
> Marc-Andre,
>
> I've seen your reply to this message.
> http://www.egenix.com/mailman-archives/egenix-users/2004-November/000549.html
>
> For a long time I've done as you've advised, and
> ignored the issue. However the most recent version of
> py2exe provides the ability to bundle everything into
> a single executable.
>
> For me this is a very compelling new feature. However
> the  py2exe code now treats this issue as fatal.
>
> While I don't use the egenix libraries directly, I'm
> dependent on too many projects which are.
>
> What updated advice can you offer?

I have no idea why py2exe thinks that mxDateTime.__version__
is a module. It actually is a symbol that is being imported
from the C extension.

I'd suggest you ask Thomas Heller about the problem and
why py2exe thinks it needs a module with that name.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 24 2005)