[egenix-users] Re: Help! - mxODBCZopeDA 1.0.9 breaks my Zope 2.8.1

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Sep 13 11:39:29 CEST 2005

Mick Drevyanko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I don't suppose this hotfix would work for 1.0.8 as well?

The hotfix should also work for the 1.0.8 version, provided
you use Python 2.3 to run Zope. The ZIP file only contains
the ZopeDA.pyc file which should be portable across platforms.
However, we haven't tested it with the mxODBC interface included
in mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.8, so there may be problems.

In any case, we're going to release 1.0.9 final next week which will
include the hotfix for Zope 2.8 on all platforms.

> I'm having the exact same problem after upgrading to Zope 2.8.1 (Python
> 2.3.5) in a Windows environment.  Is a hotfix available for the 1.0.8
> release?  I would have downloaded the 1.0.9 pre-release but did not see
> a binary package of it for the Windows platform.
>
> I'm running two instances with mxODBCZopeDA commercial licenses that I
> can't finish migrating until I get a fix for this.  Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

>>Daniel W. Adair wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks so much!
>>>
>>>Hotfix worked, everything fine again.
>>>I don't know what else to say, this is just fantastic response time
>
> and
>
>>>quality!
>>
>>Thanks :-)
>>
>>We've put the hotfix up online until we have the 1.0.9 final
>>release ready:
>>

> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9-prerelease
> -py2.3-Hotfix-2005-08-16.zip
>
>>This is for Python 2.3 and the 1.0.9 pre-release only. Simply
>>unzip the above file in the Zope directory. It provides an
>>updated ZopeDA.pyc file which includes the fix.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 13 2005)