[egenix-users] mxODBC

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Tue Oct 18 13:03:20 CEST 2005

On 2005-10-18 at 10:42:58 [+0200], BRUNEL Jacques SZSIC13-BEI
<jacques.brunel at interieur.gouv.fr> wrote:
>     I'm trying to access an ORACLE database, the DSN of which is not
> known (the Python script knows this DSN only by reading a file), so I
> cannot use mxODBCZopeDA (which implies the declaration of this DSN in the
> code). The DSNs are configurated by an other team.
>     I suppose there has been a problem while installing mxODBC or when
> using mxODBC in a Python script called by Zope.

Please keep this kind of communication on the list.

You will not be able to do it a PythonScript due to Zope's security
mechanism. You should have no problem doing everything you need in an
ExternalMethod which is how you should tackle this. You might then be able
to instantiate the mxODBCZopeDA with the retrieved DSN but I'm not sure if
this is a satisfactory solution...

Charlie