[egenix-users] Could not perform COMMIT or ROLLBACK

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon May 16 13:52:12 CEST 2005

calisp at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9.linux-i686-py2.3ucs4 with
> unixODBC-2.2.8, Zope 2.7.5 and python 2.3.4.  Every so often I get the
> following error...
>
> 2005-05-15T21:41:18 PANIC(300) ZODB A storage error occurred in the
> last phase of a two-phase commit.  This shouldn't happen.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/Zope-2.7/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py", line 363, in _finish_one
>     jar.tpc_finish(self)
>   File "/opt/Zope-2.7/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/TM.py", line 59, in tpc_finish
>     try: self._finish()
>   File "Products/mxODBCZopeDA/ZopeDA.py", line 1036, in _finish
>   File "Products/mxODBCZopeDA/ZopeDA.py", line 948, in errorhandler
> ProgrammingError: ('HY000', 0, '[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Could
> not perform COMMIT or ROLLBACK', 1023)

You should have a look at the database logs to see what
prevented the commit from being completed.

> What could be causing this?

Hard to say: mxODBCZopeDA is trying to commit the transaction,
but the driver or database failed to complete the request.
The above error was generated by the ODBC driver.

This could be network or DNS problems, or be related to a
bug in FreeTDS (which is getting more stable with every
new release, but should still be considered beta quality
software at the moment).

> Can I get the mxODBCZopeDA source from
> somewhere?  It would make debugging this much easier.

Getting the source is not an option and won't help much either
since the source of the problem is not mxODBCZopeDA.

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, May 16 2005)