[egenix-users] mx base 2.1.0b5 ref count bug?

David Rushby davidrushby at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 15:49:53 CEST 2005

--- "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> wrote:
> Ok, we've found the problem and fixed it. Here's the new
> release (which does build out of the box at least on our
> boxes ;-):

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0-2005-05-01.zip

It does build now, but:
  py24d -c "import mx.DateTime as dt; dt.DateTime(-1, 13, 32)"
still behaves as it did when I submitted my original message:
  Fatal Python error: UNREF invalid object
  Aborted

This is the same debug build of Python 2.4.1 that I was previously
using, running the same configuration (CentOS Linux 4.0/i386,
everything compiled with GCC 3.4.3).

Have you examined my original claim as to the cause of the bug?