[egenix-users] Re: [egenix-support] SQL Server connection to Oracle Bug (Distributed Database)

eGenix Support Team: M.-A. Lemburg support at egenix.com
Tue Mar 29 22:21:54 CEST 2005

Remy Pinsonnault wrote:
> Thanks Marc-Andre.
>
> I am not using Microsoft Oracle ODBC driver, neither Oracle ODBC driver but
> the SQL Server ODBC that comes with XP.
>
> I then connect the egenix Zope DA to this SQL Server ODBC.
>
> I created the SQL Server ODBC with default settings and I don't see anything
> like connection pooling in the configuration?!
>
> Other ideas?

Have you checked the URLs I mentioned in the email ?

Some other things you might want to check:

* Is MSDTS running ?

* Do you always get the error below or only sometimes or
   just for some queries ?

* Does the user account you're using for Zope have proper
   permissions setup so that it can access MSDTS ?

* Are you using the latest ODBC drivers available for
   SQL Server ?

> Thanks
>
> Remy Pinsonnault
> Systems Analyst
> Ministry of Energy and Mines, Peru

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 29 2005)