[egenix-users] Re: [egenix-sales] mxODBC Zope DA Zope Evaluation License(s)

Charlie Clark support at egenix.com
Wed Mar 9 14:24:57 CET 2005

On 2005-03-09 at 13:54:03 [+0100], fowlertrainer at citromail.hu
<fowlertrainer at citromail.hu> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> It is an interesting thing.
>
> I have a machine (Windows XP) with preinstalled python, and zope. In
> this machine the mxodbc installation is working good, the Zope can start
> itself.
>
> But I have a new machine without python (Windows 2000).
> I install newest version of Zope (2.7.4 I think).
>
> I don't use "Program Files" (space char. problems): I use c:\Zope, and
> c:\Zope\Instance dirs.
>
> I copy the mx da files and dirs to c:\Zope\lib\Python.
> I copy the test licence files to c:\Zope\lib\Python\mx\ODBC.
>
> When I try to start Zope manually, I get error like in attachment.
>
> Why ?
>
> It is need to I install mxODBC package ? Or what ?
>
> I cannot understand it, because in XP that is working. In W2K Zope is
> working without mxODBCDA.
> What is the solution ? Please help me !
>
> Thanx for it:
>    ft

Hi László,

Zope2.7 by default will not start if there is a problem loading a product.
You can adjust settings for this in Instance/etc/zope.conf

The reason mxODBCZopeDA cannot start is because the licence file and
library is in the wrong path. The actual Python path is actually Zope/bin
and not Zope/lib/Python. Move the mx folder to the lib/site-packages folder
and restart.

Good luck!

Charlie
--