[egenix-users] Re: mxODBC - How do I "set schema"?

Bob Gibson bgibson at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 1 21:00:03 CET 2005

> Interesting, so Derby (Cloudscape) and DB2 talk the same
> wire protocol ?
>
> Perhaps you could ask the developers whether the missing
> rowcount information is per design or simply a bug in the
> ODBC driver ?!
>
> Such information is usually rather important to have, esp.
> in cases where you want to page through large data sets.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Marc-Andre Lemburg
> eGenix.com

Marc-Andre:

  What ODBC calls does mxODBC used to implement the fetchall()?  When
I look at the ODBC documentation at the Microsmurf site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odbc/htm/odbcodbc_api_reference.asp

  The closest routine I can find is the SQLExtendedFetch Function.  Is
this what you use?

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...