[egenix-users] UTF-8 problem

Martin Winkler mw at agami.at
Wed Jun 8 20:17:46 CEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 17:39 +0200, Charlie Clark wrote:

> How does this work at the Python level? I think that Zope might be the
> problem here.

We are using the same forms, python scripts, zsql methods with a
zpsycopgda-connected Postgresql, and it works perfectly there.

So Zope isn't the problem - at least in *this* case ;-)

I suspect that the mxodbc changes the utf8-characters to something else
somewhere in the middle when inserting the data into the database.

Is there any conversion being made inside mxodbc? If so, how can I
change that behaviour from Zope-level? (creating Zope Products is no
problem for me)

Martin