[egenix-users] Solid: OperationalError()

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Jan 17 17:20:59 CET 2005

Michal Vitecek wrote:
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>>Michal Vitecek wrote:
>>
>>>hello,
>>>
>>>i'm running egenix-mx-commercial version 2.1b02 (license bought), db
>>>engine is Solid 3.50. with python 2.2 everything runs correctly.
>>>however starting with python 2.3 inserting into a table gives the
>>>following error:
>>>
>>>OperationalError ('08S01', 0, '', 5835): from
>>>/home/project/utils/db.py:503 for
>>>query: INSERT INTO userAuthStr (userId, authStr, isUnconfirmed,
>>>lastUsedTime,
>>>ip) VALUES (0, '08a3db2fc1b13549bd125f265d30b808', 0, 1105972868,
>>>'10.0.0.122')&
>>>
>>>the error is raised when the application runs for a longish time (~24
>>>hours) and _only_ when mxODBC is running over python 2.3+. what is the
>>>cause of the error? solid doesn't know anything about error code 08S01
>>>or 5835.
>>
>>The first entry in the tuple is the SQL State value:
>>
>>08S01            Communication link    The communication link between the
>>driver and
>>                failure                the data source to which the driver
>>                was
>>                                      connected failed before the function
>>                                      completed
>>                                      processing.
>>
>>Even though there any many things that could cause such
>>an error message, I'd suggest starting to check whether a firewall
>>is blocking the TCP Port used by the server (e.g. as a result of
>>an Win XP SP2 upgrade).
>
>  i'm running this on Slackware 10.0, no firewall is present on that
>  computer and the communication is done via unix sockets. so this
>  doesn't seem like the problem. also the computer i'm running it on is
>  not loaded at all (184 processes, load average 0.00, file-nr 1389  91
>  52313).
>
>  again this doesn't happen with python 2.2 (at least it hasn't for 2
>  years). there's nothing in the solid's error or message log.

There shouldn't be any differences between Python 2.2 and 2.3
versions of mxODBC. However, it is possible that the versions
you compiled pick up different drivers or configuration files.

The error you are seeing is generated by the ODBC driver not
mxODBC and the result of executing the statement (not the prepare
or binding step).

If you're using domain sockets, please also check the permissions
on the socket "files".

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 10 2005)