[egenix-users] (This object from the mxODBCZopeDA product is broken!)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 12 10:16:25 CET 2005

Chris Lozinski wrote:
> I am trying to install the mxODBCZopeDa product.
>
> I get the following detailed error message.
>
> This object is broken because the mxODBCZopeDA product that created it
> is no longer installed or is installed incorrectly. Please contact the
> product maintainer for assistance.

Please check the Zope log for details about the cause of
the problem.

There are a few things (among others) that could this:

* the wrong version of mxODBC Zope DA was installed;
   note that this depends on the Python version you are
   using with Zope

* the license files are not installed or damaged

* the product ZIP archive was installed to the Zope instance
   directory; mxODBC Zope DA up to version 1.0.8 can only be
   installed to the Zope install directory (we'll fix this in
   1.0.9)

* there was already a version of egenix-mx-commercial installed
   in the system and Zope is picking up this wrong version

> Note that the data associated with this product has not been lost, and
> will be accessible again if the product is reinstalled.
>
> I have downloaded and installed both the base and commercial products
> into my root zope directory.
>

> It works on our production version of Windows, but is broken on the
> development site.
>

> Any ideas of what is going wrong.
>

> I would have expected this to be in the zope products directory, but
> evidently it only installs in the python directories.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 10 2005)