[egenix-users] SQL Server 2000, mxODBC and unicode problem

Marcin tupteq at tlen.pl
Wed Jan 5 14:12:14 CET 2005

Hello Charlie,

> just a thought, but if have you tried using MIXEDSTRINGFORMAT? It seems that
> switching between encodings is what is upsetting the driver and as
> Marc-André has pointed out None will be passed as a non-unicode "NULL".

MIXED_STRINGFORMAT changed nothing, the same error :(
I found one more way to exec this query without change -
executedirect().

> Just out of interest, what is wrong with:

>> c.execute('insert into zxcvb (x) values(?)', (u'anything',)) ?
>> or use other cursor than used with None insert, but this sucks.

> Surely, it is always better to explicitly relation attributes in queries?

I have tables dynamically generated by app, I don't care for field
names, information like: 'first field is int, second ntext' is enough
for me. In other words, keeping field names to use them in INSERT
requires some additional (and IMO unnecessary) work.

Thanks for all answers and quick response.

--
Marcin