[egenix-users] Help! Zope adapter stoped working after update

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 3 16:24:29 CET 2005

robert wrote:
> I "fixed" things by copying the old ZOPE/lib/python/mx folder (old
> meaning the one bevor I installed the
> egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9.linux-i686-py2.3ucs4.zip). I have now the
> "new" mxODBCZopeDA with the "old" mx libraries.
>
> I rather have both the same version.
>
> Somehow I have the fealing this is a licence issue???

If it were, you'd get a different error message, one that suggest
that there is a license problem.

In your case, the Zope DA simply can't find the eGenix mx tools
which suggests that you have them installed in the wrong directory
or that your Zope is running a different Python version that
is not compatible with the binaries it finds.

I'd suggest to do a complete reset, remove the Zope DA
installation and then reinstall it according to the
instructions given in the documentation:

1. remove any lib/python/mx directories you have in the
    Zope software directory (the one where the Zope core
    code lives) and any of the Zope instance directories
    (where the Zope instance code lives)

2. remove the Products/mxODBCZopeDA directories in the
    same manner

Then, unzip the product archive in the Zope software
directory (*not* the instance directory) and reinstall the
license files as outlined in the email they came with.

If you don't like having products in the Zope software
directory, you can also move the directory lib/python/Products
to the Zope instance directory and the lib/python/mx directory
to the instance's lib/python directory. You cannot just
unzip the product archive in the instance directory, because
Zope will then not find the product software.

It is unfortunate that the Zope Corp changed the layout
in an incompatible way between 2.6 and 2.7, so I guess
we'll have to start providing two different downloads
starting with the next versions of the mxODBC Zope DA.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 03 2005)