[egenix-users] how to mix mxCOMERCIAL and mxODBC for Zope

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Feb 1 12:11:23 CET 2005

robert wrote:
> Hi there,
> we have a mxODBC adapter installed for Zope.
> To do so I had to copy a couple of directories, one of which has the
> licence info.
> Now I compiled the newest mxCOMERCIAL (and the base and experimental)
> package.
>
> What do I have to do, to make Zope to use the new package.
> Just delete the mx directory in ZOPE/lib/python ??

No.

The versions of mxODBC in egenix-mx-commercial and the
ones that come with the Zope DA are different.

The Zope DA has the 2.1.x versions of egenix-mx-commercial and
egenix-mx-base, which are not yet available as stand-alone
versions. It won't work with the current egenix-mx-commercial
stand-alone version (which is 2.0.x).

So, to answer your subject line: you shouldn't mix the two.
The mxODBC Zope DA comes with everything you need and in fact
with more recent versions of the software than available
otherwise.

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 01 2005)