[egenix-users] Unicode problem

Andrew Veitch andrew at logicalware.com
Thu Dec 29 11:11:12 CET 2005

I'm in the process of adding Microsoft SQL Server support to
MailManager. Currently it supports PostgreSQL (psycopg) and MySQL.
I've bought a copy of mxODBC Zope DA.

Unfortunately I keep getting a "TypeError: command must be a string".
Doing some quick Googling suggested this was a Unicode problem and
when I changed the input to ordinary strings it works fine.

Obviously we could get MailManager to check if it is using the mxODBC
and then avoid Unicode if it is but that would be quite a lot of work
and something I'm keen to avoid if there is a work around.

Thanks in advance

Andrew

--
Logicalware Ltd
Stuart House, Eskmills, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ, UK