[egenix-users] Password appearing in messages from mxODBC Zope DA

Peter Millar peter.millar at parasyn.com.au
Thu Oct 28 11:29:26 CEST 2004

We had a database go down and so the database components of our site
died . unfortunately the error messages contain the database username
and password.

How can we change the error message,
Prevent the user from seeing the information??

The message said:
Type - Bad Request
Message - EGENIX.COM mxODBC Zope DA
Database connection is closed
Connection id: server7
Connection title: server7
Connection string: DSN=server7
UID
PWD

If this is not possible can I submit this as a change request for the
next release of mxODBCZopeDA please.  An option to remove UID and PWD
from user messages.

Peter Millar
Technical Project Manager
Parasyn Controls Pty Ltd