[egenix-users] problems with mxCommercial on Solaris

Lars Rehe lrehe at awi-bremerhaven.de
Tue Oct 26 10:54:26 CEST 2004

Scott,

well... I often have the problem, that certain required libraries are not
found during configuration because I installed them in non-standard
directories. (e.g. /usr/local/mysql/lib ) After over a year of occasional
software installations on solaris, I still have no clue how compiler-flags,
linker-flags and the like work together. Usually I end up using 'crle' to
edit the runtime linking env globally. Ok, I confessed - start bashing. (Or
give me a hint where to find appropiate literature on the topic)

In your case, I would try to use something like
export CFLAGS="-I/path/to/your/db/inst/dir/include" .
But as I just mentioned - maybe it would be safer to ask somebody who really
knows about software installation on solaris. :-)

Regards,
 Lars

--
  To boldly go where I surely don't belong.

  Lars Rehe
  Alfred Wegener Institut für Polar- und Meeresforschung