[egenix-users] mxODBC Zope DA, Suse, UnixODBC Data Source problem

Jaime Mountjoy jmountjoy at nngov.com
Thu Oct 21 12:30:14 CEST 2004

We have recently installed the mxODBC Zope Database Adapter on a Suse
9.1 server (with Python 2.3.3 and Zope).  We ended up having to use the
1.0.9 release of the database adapter because we were getting the
PyUnicodeUCS error.  It appears that the database adapter is installed
correctly, and database connections can be created, but they cannot be
opened.  When I attempt to open a database connection to a DB2 data
source in Zope, I get the following error:

('08004', 0, '[unixODBC][StarSQL][StarSQL CLI Driver] Data source name
missing or invalid.', 7952)

I can connect to the same data source using the same credentials with
ISQL without a problem, and I can run queries from a python program on
that server using  mx.ODBC.unixODBC.  I was thinking that it was a data
source problem with unixODBC or the StarSQL driver, but since I can use
ISQL and mxODBC with python, I'm not quite sure what the problem is.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jaime