[egenix-users] mxDateTime

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Oct 9 14:39:54 CEST 2004

keithmoore1 at adelphia.net wrote:
> Help! I am new to Python...
>
> I am attempting to call a Python routine from C++. I tested the routine with
> the Python interpreter.  I get no errors.  But when I try to access it from
> C++, using PyImport_ImportModule(...) (See snippet below), I get "*** you don't
> have the (right) mxDateTime binaries installed!"

This messages indicates that Python cannot find the mxDateTime.pyd
file that is needed by the mxDateTime package.

Please make sure that you have installed the correct version of
mxDateTime for the Python version you are using.

It is also possible that your embedded Python version does not
have the paths correctly setup: the egenix-mx-base installer will
install the packages to the site-packages directory of your
standard Python installation; the embedded interpreter will
like look in different places for the modules.

> I've downloaded the latest
> version. I ran the .exe provided to install the files.  Do I need to manually
> compile the files?  If so, how?  I didn't see setup.py in the installed
> directory.
>
> I've been struggling with this problem for the last 3 days.  What am I doing
> wrong?
>

> Snippet:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
> someClass::someMethod()
> {
>     PyObject *pstr, *pmod;
>     printf("embed-object\n");
>     Py_Initialize();
>
>     // get usermod.message
>     pmod = PyImport_ImportModule("OMS_Query");
> }
>

> Thanks,
>
> Keith

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 09 2004)