[egenix-users] Installing mxODBC outside Zope instance

Igor Elbert ielbert at genuone.com
Fri Oct 8 16:51:45 CEST 2004

Hello,

Our Zope installation procedure requires that we install Zope into a
standard location and than install ours and third-party products and libs
into another directory. We have no problems doing that with Oracle and other
ODBC adapters but with mxODBC we are getting the following error:

2004-10-08T15:30:42 PANIC(300) z2 Startup exception
Traceback (innermost last):
  File z2.py, line 2, in ?
  File C:\Program Files\Zope/lib/python\Zope\__init__.py, line 38, in
startup
    (Object: startup)
  File C:\Program Files\Zope/lib/python\Zope\App\startup.py, line 38, in
startup
  File C:\Program Files\Zope/lib/python\OFS\Application.py, line 485, in
import_products
  File C:\Program Files\Zope/lib/python\OFS\Application.py, line 502, in
import_product
  File Products\mxODBCZopeDA\__init__.py, line 6, in ?
  File Products\mxODBCZopeDA\ZopeDA.py, line 9, in ?
    (Object: DatabaseConnectionPool)
  File C:\Program Files\Zope/lib/python\App\ImageFile.py, line 30, in
__init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Program
Files\\Zope\\lib\\python\\Products/mxODBCZopeDA/mxODBC.pdf'

If I create directory Products/mxODBCZopeDA inside the standard Zope
installation and put the pdf files there mxODBC works just fine except for
the warning:
"""
After loading Product 'mxODBCZopeDA' from 'C:\\tracker\\Zope\\Products',
I skipped the one in 'C:\\Program Files\\Zope/lib/python\\Products'.
"""

Windows XP Pro, Zope 2.6.2 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python
2.1.3, win32

Please advise.

Thanks,
Igor