[egenix-users] Python 2.4

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Nov 25 12:02:17 CET 2004

Simon Brunning wrote:
> Will Python 2.4 builds of the mx extensions for Windows be made
> available during the release candidate stage, or will you hold fire
> until final release?

As always: we will wait until the final version is released and then
follow up with builds for the new version within one or two weeks.

However, there may be a slight delay for the 2.4 Windows version.
The reason is that Python will switch to VC7 using the .NET
framework, so we'll have to create builds using VC7 for Python 2.4.

If you don't want to wait until then, you can always create builds
yourself. All you need is the VC7 compiler which is part of the free
.NET SDK.

Note: We won't provide Win64 builds. We will however start to
provide SuSE 9.2 RPMs for x64_64 (aka AMD64).

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 25 2004)