[egenix-users] py2exe and mx.DateTime issue

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Nov 17 11:02:51 CET 2004

George Serdaris wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am getting the following error message when trying to build an exe using
> py2exe:
>
> The following modules appear to be missing
>
> ['mxDateTime.__version__']

This can safely be ignored.

> An executable is created, but I'm unable to connect to the Oracle database.
> Connection to oracle was possible using cx_Oracle.

There are two things to be checked:

1. Can your application import and use mxDateTime (without
    cx_Oracle) ?

    I expect this to be the case.

2. Where does cx_Oracle look for the mxDateTime package ?
    Does it successfully import the package ?

    To track this one down you have to set the PYTHONVERBOSE
    environment variable to 2 and then look at the log output.

> Location to the mxDateTime appears to be found as I get the following
> appearing in the shell:
>

> *** byte compile python files ***
>
> creating C:\data\Python\build\bdist.win32\winexe\collect\mx
>
> creating C:\data\Python\build\bdist.win32\winexe\collect\mx\DateTime
>
> creating
> C:\data\Python\build\bdist.win32\winexe\collect\mx\DateTime\mxDateTime
>
> creating C:\data\Python\build\bdist.win32\winexe\collect\mx\Misc
>
> .
>
> copying C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\mx\DateTime\mxDateTime\mxDateTime.pyd
> -> C:\data\Python\dist
>

> I have followed instructions on freezing mx.DateTime to the py2exe command
> line i.e. "-i mx.DateTime" with no luck.
>

> I have also tried forcing the path to mx.DateTime into the sys.path to no
> avail.
>

> I have experimented with -p option as well i.e. "-p mx.DateTime", but this
> produces another error message:
>
>                               The following modules appear to be missing
>
> ['mxDateTime.__version__', 'mx.DateTime.now']
>

> Environment/packages used are as follows:
>
> OS is WinXP SP2
>
> Python Version is 2.3.4
>
> mx-base v2.0.5
>
> cx_Oracle v4.0.1
>
> wx Python v2.5.2.8
>

> Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Cheers,
>

> George Serdaris

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 17 2004)