[egenix-users] No Available Datasources

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Nov 4 20:29:29 CET 2004

Erich Birrer-Uster wrote:
> I try to open a connection to the database and I get this error message:
>
> Connection string: DSN=e3000;UID=user02;PWD=XXXXXXXX
>
> Connection pool entry: 0
>
> Error message: ('IM002', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Der Datenquellenname wurde nicht gefunden, und es wurde kein
> Standardtreiber angegeben', 7947)
>
> When I display the available datasources no one is listed although I can see them in the Windows ODBC Manager.
>
> What can be wrong?

How did you setup the data sources ?

It is well possible that the Zope process does not have
permission to access the data sources. If you're running Zope
as a service, the easiest way to enable access works as follows:

     Change the "Log on as:" option of the service to be the Local
     System account.

     * Select the Start menu > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services.
     * Highlight the service.
     * Right-click on the service and choose Properties
     * Select the Log On tab.
     * Change the Log on as: option to be Local System account. Click OK.
     * Restart the service.

Note that it is probably better to setup the data sources
as user data sources (for the Zope user). The above will
run Zope under the system account.

Another issue that you may face after upgrading to XP SP2
is that of the firewall blocking access to the database.

In such a case, please see the instructions of the ODBC
driver vendor on how to reenable connectivity.

For SQL Server, this article should help:

	http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841394

> I use
> Windows XP Prof SP2
> Python Version  2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39)
> Zope Version  (unreleased version, python 2.3.3, win32) installed with Plone 2.0.4
> mxODBC Zope DA 1.0.8

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 04 2004)