[egenix-users] Problems with mxODBC on SuSE 9.0

Jerome R. Westrick jerry at Westrick.com
Tue May 18 03:11:11 CEST 2004

Hello there...

I have the follwoing problem:

When mxODBC tries to access a postgresql database
Zope hangs.  In order to get into the "manage" page
I need to start Zope while postgress is down.
Then start postgress, then open connection, then
use test to execute simple select.

The select works with isql, and in Datamanager (unixODBC).

An error is shown in the postgress log:

ERROR:  'ksqo' is not a valid option name

Additionally, SuSE 9.0 forces me to have both iodbc and unix odbc
loaded, so I had to select unixODBC driver from the corresponding
Properties dropdown box.

Any Ideas on how to proceed with this problem?

Jerry