[egenix-users] Permission woes

todd todd at flemingcnc.com
Wed Mar 31 11:52:11 CEST 2004

My configuration:
 Windows XP
 Zope 2.7.0
 egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.8.win32-py2.3.zip

I created an mxODBC Database Connection (called "crc_db") to an existing
Access database. I created Z SQL Methods and sucessfully called them from a
Python script. However, I can't get .execute() to work on a connection. Here
is the code portion that's giving me problems:

connection = container.crc_db.get_connection()
building_rowset = connection.execute('select [Building ID] from [Buildings]
where [Building Name] = ?', building)[1]

Whenever this code runs, a dialog box pops up in the web browser asking the
user to log in. The dialog doesn't accept my Zope account (user todd).
Escaping from the dialog produces this message:

Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'execute' in this context

I tried giving the script the Manager and Owner proxy roles, but this didn't
change the behavior. The script, the connection, and the containing folder all
belong to user todd.