[egenix-users] mxDateTime and Script(python) in Zope 2.5.1

robin abbi rra42 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Mar 30 16:50:01 CEST 2004

> > Is it possible to access mxDateTime from a
> > Script(Python) or must I use External Methods?
>
> Yes, you can make any kind of Python module
> available to your scripts. See
> the README in the PythonScripts folder.

1. in $ZOPEDIR/lib/python/Products/ created
GlobalModules

2. created __init__.py with
allow_modules('mx.DateTime')

3. restarted zope

4. created python script:
   from mx.DateTime import mxDateTime
   eod=mxDateTime.now()
   print eod
   return printed

5. Called script.
   Error: You are not allowed to access now in this
context.

I've tried a wide range of variations on the
allow_modules argument
: 'mx', 'mx.DateTime', 'mx.DateTime.mxDateTime'
including combinations of the above, with restarts and
enough deliberate errors to know that the __init__.py
script is being read.

I must be overlooking something obvious.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks,

rob