[egenix-users] Re: [Plone-users] Re: [Zope-DB] MS SQL stored procedures andMXODBCDA - supposedly NO RESULTS

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Jul 1 09:56:51 CEST 2004

Peter Millar wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions Marc-Andre,
>
> I am calling the stored procedure using the ODBC driver correctly
> because I can call other stored procedures with parameters and they work
> perfectly well ... But this stored procedure doesn't return the results
> for some reason that I cannot determine.
>
> P.s. sorry for posting to multiple lists but not sure if this is an
> mxODBC ZDA question or an zope da question.

Provided you are using the mxODBC Zope DA, I can assure
you that in case the stored procedure does create a
result set, then it will return this to Zope.

If there are multiple result sets, the Zope DA will
return the first available set unless you set the
option to fetch the last available result set.

It is possible that the stored procedure creates
an empty result before the final SELECT you have
in the code.
> Peter Millar

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 01 2004)