[egenix-users] Conflicts when installing egenix-mx-base-2.0.5-py1.5_1.i386.rpm

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jan 6 16:15:48 CET 2004

John Hawley, Jr wrote:
> I have a Linux 7.2 machine and am attempting to install the
> egenix-mx-base-2.0.5-py1.5_1.i386.rpm.  Here is what is already
> installed so far:
>
> Easysoft ODBC-ODBC bridge
>
> unixODBC 2.2.7
>
> When I attempt to install the egenix-mx-base-2.0.5-py1.5_1.i386.rpm I
> get a long list of conflicts.  All have the following format: file
> /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/mx/BeeBase/BeeDict.py from install of
> egenix-mx-base-2.0.5-py1.5_1 conflicts with file from package mx-2.0.3-1
>
> Then it continues down the list and appears that the entire package
> conflicts w/ files from mx-2.0.3-1.

That's because RedHat in its great wisdom has chosen to use a different
RPM name than the one we started out with. I suppose that a bit of
RPM magic will do the trick since 2.0.5 is backwards compatible
to 2.0.3 and installs in the same location.

> Any help on resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.  I also
> tried to install the eginx-mx-commercial but it wanted the base package
> installed first.  A never ending cycle on linux.  BTW I want to use
> python scripts that are already in place to connect via odbc to a
> Microsoft sql server database on a separate windows server.  The python
> scripts were originally written to connect to a SOLID database.
>

> John Hawley, Jr.
>
> Information Systems Administrator
>
> Eagle Press, Inc.
>
> 252.451.1825 ext 225

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 06 2004)