[egenix-users] ucs2 vs ucs4

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 30 10:06:59 CEST 2004

Joseph Kocherhans wrote:
> Any chance of getting a ucs4 build of mxODBCZopeDA? Or am I stuck
> building a separate python just for zope? Apparently Debian's python2.3
> uses ucs4 :( I've heard that RH 9 already does. I wouldn't be surprised
> to see other distros follow suit. Is there another way to deal with the
> issue?

Yes. Starting with version 1.0.9 we'll also ship a UCS4
version of hte Linux build. Here's a beta that you can try
in the meantime:

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.9.linux-i686-py2.3ucs4.zip

Regards,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 30 2004)