[egenix-users] On demand connect

F.Baart at SFK.NL F.Baart at SFK.NL
Tue Apr 13 15:26:13 CEST 2004

Dear egenix users,

I use mx.ODBC.Zope DA 1.0.8  with mysql 4.0.14 on zope 2.6.1.  Once in a
while I get the following error message while executing a query from zope:

Error Type: ProgrammingError
Error Value: ('HY000', 2013, '[MySQL][ODBC 3.51
Driver][mysqld-4.0.14-standard]Lost connection to MySQL server during
query', 5923)

I found that this happens when no query has been executed for 1800 seconds
(mysql wait-timeout variable). I also get this message when I manually kill
the connection from mysql. If I execute the same query again it will run
succesful.

I thought that using the "Use Connect on Demand" option would reconnect to
mysql automaticly. It does reconnect but only after raising a
ProgrammingError at the first query which gets excecuted after a lost
connection.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Fedor Baart