Fwd: [egenix-users] Permission woes

Charlie Clark charlie at egenix.com
Sat Apr 3 16:56:38 CEST 2004

Marc-André,

I can't answer this on my own. Is it possible to call the connection like
this from PythonScripts or is the only possible for external methods?

I've checked the documentation and it seems that you only get to work with
ZopeConnection objects which have the get_connection() method. Otherwise it
would be possible to use .execute() and .query() methods on a connection
object directly.

The only other thing I know about using SQL directly from PythonScripts is
import SQL from ZSQL....

Please help me understand this! ;-)

Charlie
On [egenix-users] Permission woes at 17:52:11 [+0200], todd wrote:
> My configuration:
>  Windows XP
>  Zope 2.7.0
>  egenix-mxodbc-zopeda-1.0.8.win32-py2.3.zip
>
> I created an mxODBC Database Connection (called "crc_db") to an existing
> Access database. I created Z SQL Methods and sucessfully called them from
> Python script. However, I can't get .execute() to work on a connection.
Here