[egenix-users] Installation problem

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Fri Apr 2 21:26:01 CEST 2004

Chris McAvoy wrote:
> I downloaded the 2.7.0 / py 2.3 version of the driver, and have already purchased a license.  When I try and start up zope, I get an error "Python21.dll not found".  Is the link wrong on the web page?

If you are working on Windows that it is possible that Zope
picks up an already installed Python version 2.1. However,
Zope 2.7 needs Python 2.3 to work correctly and that's also
why we point you at the Python 2.3 version of the Zope DA
for Zope 2.7.

We have had a few reports of people having similiar problems.
In all cases, Zope was picking up a wrong Python version.

Please make sure that Zope is indeed running on Python 2.3
and then try again. If the problem persists, please send in
the complete traceback to support at egenix.com.

Thanks,

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 02 2004)