[egenix-users] ZmxODBCDA, MS-SQL under load

Peter Sabaini sabaini at telbiomed.at
Wed Oct 22 20:40:33 CEST 2003

Hello list,

I'm getting an error running ZmxODBCDA under load --

'HY000', 0, '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with
results for another hstmt', 5911

This happens quite deterministically any time I put some load on the server.

Has anyone else seen this? Help much appreciated...

System:

* MS SQL 2000 (Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.760 (Intel X86) Dec 17
2002 14:22:05 Copyright (c) 1988-2003 Microsoft Corporation Standard
Edition on Windows NT 5.0 (Build 2195: Service Pack 4))

* MDAC 2.8

* Windows 2k SP4

* Zope 2.6.1 binary w/ 4 threads, Python 2.1.3

* Testbox is a PIII with 320Mb RAM

* ZmxODBCDA is configured with 8 pooled connections, all other settings
are default

I've created a test case that (hopefully) makes this reproducible. The
Zope testing app can be downloaded from http://sabaini.at/zmxodbcda_tst.xml

In the test app I generate 10 DB queries HTTP request (the query is
'select count(*) from sysobjects', which is around 1700 on my DB). Then
I hit the testskript with something like

ab2 -n 2000 -c 20 -k -v2  \
    -C _ZopeId=35375730A1CCu3EFDTs \
    http://<server>/zmxodbcda_tst/select_test_py

Ie. 20 concurrent requests, 2000 total

Thanks a lot for any feedback,

peter sabaini.

   Peter Sabaini
   ARC Seibersdorf research GmbH, Biosignal Processing and Telemedicine
   Grottenhofstrasse 3, A-8053 Graz
   T: +43 (0)316 265 158, F: +43 (0)316 265 155; E: sabaini at telbiomed.at
   H: http://telbiomed.at, IM: chrome___ at jabber.at
Meet us at the MEDICA 2003 in Duesseldorf
19. - 22. Nov. Hall 14 Stand D15