[egenix-users] Cygwin compile problem in commercial 2.0.6

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Mon Nov 17 17:33:51 CET 2003

Steve Holden wrote:
> [mal]
>
>>Could you cut&paste the top of sqltypes.h ? It seems that
>>Cygwin has messed up some of these header files...
>>

> $ head -24 /usr/include/w32api/sqltypes.h
> #ifndef _SQLTYPES_H
> #define _SQLTYPES_H
> #if __GNUC__ >=3
> #pragma GCC system_header
> #endif
>
> #ifdef __cplusplus
> extern "C" {
> #endif
> #define SQL_API __stdcall
> #ifndef RC_INVOKED
> #define __need_wchar_t
> #include <stddef.h>
> typedef signed char SCHAR;
> typedef long SDWORD;
> typedef short SWORD;
> typedef ULONG UDWORD;
> typedef USHORT UWORD;

These are causing the problem it seems: ULONG, USHORT, PVOID, etc.
Could be that cygwin needs another header file to be included
prior to including sqltypes.h - the one that defines ULONG etc.

In mxODBC 2.1.0 which is not available outside the mxODBC Zope DA,
the following was added to mxODBC.h near the top (line 213):

"""
/* For cygwin, we need the Windows #defines here in addition to any
    SQL header files. */

#ifdef __CYGWIN__
# include <windows.h>
#endif
"""

(and the records says that this was suggested by Steve Holden ;-)

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 17 2003)