[egenix-users] mx incompatabilities

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri May 9 23:05:08 CEST 2003

[Please subscribe to this list before posting, thanks]

Brett Haydon wrote:
> I am looking at migrating my ZMysqlDA connections to Zmx.. but I'm having
> problems on my test (W2k) Zope 2.6.1
>
> I've tracked it down to mx.DateTime clashing with Zope DateTime.
> The following PageTemplate code causes Zope to hang with mx modules
> installed
> "<span class="text2"
>
> tal:content="python:DateTime(items.date_submitted).strftime('%d/%m/%Y')">
>                            24/04/03

What do you mean with "hangs" ? Doesn't Zope generate some kind
of error traceback ?

Also, are you using the mxODBC Zope DA or the egenix-mx-base
package ? (The Zope DA ships with mxDateTime 2.1.0 which should
be fully compatible to Zope templates.)

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, May 09 2003)