[egenix-users] RE: Psycopg on Solaris 8 with egenix mxDateTime

Cole, Timothy Timothy.Cole at usfc.com
Sun Mar 9 19:02:21 CET 2003

Chris,

I was able to discover how to get psycopg to compile on Solaris.  It turned
out to be in the egenix mxDateTime module.

Just edit the egenix-mx-base-2.0.4/mx/DateTime/mxDateTimemxDateTime.c file

Comment out these lines around line 80 BEFORE you run "python setup.py
install".

#define MXDATETIME_FREELIST

#define MXDATETIMEDELTA_FREELIST

like so.

/* #define MXDATETIME_FREELIST*/

/* #define MXDATETIMEDELTA_FREELIST */

Hope this works for you.

Complete everything else as instructed in the install's/readme's/etc.

BTW, My environment is as follows.

Solaris                          8 on a SunFire 280R

Zope                             2.6.1

Postgres                       7.3.2

Egenix-mx-base             2.0.4

Psycopg                       1.1.2