[egenix-users] New versions of mx extensions

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Jul 29 14:13:27 CEST 2003

Moore, Paul wrote:
> The last beta (beta 5) of mxBASE was announced nearly a year ago.
> Since then, I've not noticed an announcement of the final version,
> nor is it available from the eGenix website. Also there is no
> Python 2.3 binary version available.
>
> Is a new release likely soon?

Yes, but it's currently low priority since we are busy with other
projects.

Since you've been waiting so long, here's a snapshot of the
current code base:

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0-2003-07-29.zip

Most important changes since beta 5:
* lots of small improvements
* bug fixes in mxTextTools
* moved mxURL and mxUID from the experimental package to the
   base package: that means mxBASE now comes with 9 (!) subpackages
   full of goodies :-)

For more details, have a look at the various .html files in the
respective mx/pkg/Doc directories.

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 29 2003)