[egenix-users] experimental package compilation problems/download sites for betas

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Tue Jan 7 23:48:41 CET 2003

Jacob Smullyan wrote:
> I have tried to compile the latest version of the experimental package for
> which I can find a download link, 0.7.0.  It fails with two errors that I
> see mentioned as fixed in the announcement to this list (on 25 Sept.) for
> its release (requiring gmp, and then, when that is installed, a python
> error involving distutils).  Is there a later release which fixes this
> problems lurking somewhere?

Could you post more details on those errors ? GMP should not be
required and the only build related problem I know of in that
release is caused by header file problems on some Solaris boxes.

> It would be awfully convenient if the download page for betas was linked
> to on egenix.com.

True, we'll do that for the next beta cycle. Here are the links
again:

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py1.5_1.src.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py2.2_1.src.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5.win32-py1.5.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5.zip
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py1.5_1.i386.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5.win32-py2.0.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5.win32-py2.1.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5.win32-py2.2.exe
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py2.1_1.src.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py2.0_1.i386.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py2.1_1.i386.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5.tar.gz
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py2.0_1.src.rpm
http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.1.0b5-py2.2_1.i386.rpm

(the announcement is here: http://lists.egenix.com/mailman-archives/egenix-users/2002-August/000078.html)

A release candidate is due shortly.

 > Also, mailman on egenix.com needs to be configured to
> link to the correct url for the egenix-users archives!

Thanks. I upgraded to Mailman 2.1 and it seems that the config files
have changed a bit in that area.

CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH