[egenix-users] Exceptions with MS SQL, Stored Procedures

Peter Sabaini sabaini at telbiomed.at
Mon Aug 18 18:16:45 CEST 2003

Hello list,

I am getting strange exceptions when using the mxODBC Zope DA:

"""HY000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with
results for another hstmt"""

(german: """HY000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Die Verbindung ist
mit Ergebnissen von einem anderen hstmt belegt""")

The exception only occurs under load.

Has anyone else seen this?

I'm using Zope 2.6.1 / win32, Python 2.1.3 with MS SQL Server 8.00.194
and MDAC 2.8; our application relies heavily on stored procedures, and I
turned on the "Fetch last available result set" option.

The "mxODBC Interface Documentation" mentions some issues with MS SQL
and recommends forcing the usage of server side cursors via the
setconnectoption() method of the database connection. How do I do this
with the Zope DA? As far as I can tell, the Zope "Database Connection"
has an attribute 'connection', which features a setconnectoption()
method. I tried to set the CURSOR_TYPE to CURSOR_DYNAMIC, but that
didn't help, ie. the exception still occurs.

Thank you,

peter sabaini.