[egenix-users] mx.DateTime: Truncating fractional seconds

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Aug 8 19:20:32 CEST 2003

I've found that a number of platforms (Access, MS SQL Server) don't
appear to like the fractional seconds part of a DateTime. The resulting
warning messages are a little tedious (though I realise I *could*
suppress them with the warnings module).

It's possible (though rather tedious) to reconstruct the object from its
component attributes and truncate the seconds while so doing. I just
wondered if anyone could think of a simpler way. I have this nagging
feeling I'm overlooking the stunningly obvious.

regards
--
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/