[egenix-users] mxODBC and Python-DBTCP????

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Apr 11 10:42:07 CEST 2003

Davis Marques wrote:

>> None of the above alternatives have been tested by us. Feedback
>> is welcome.
>
> Some feedback ...
>
>> A cheap solution seems to be MDBTools ODBC driver:
>> http://forums.devshed.com/archive/46/2002/06/4/37357
>> http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/
>

> After two days of trying to get this to work I've more or less run out
> of patience. I won't recap the story, since its too long and arduous to
> both write and read, but I ended up starting from scratch with a fresh
> install of RedHat 9.  I've got MDB Tools, iODBC, unixODBC, mxODBC and
> mxODBC Zope DA installed.  But, I can't get mxODBC to work.
>
> When I start Zope, I get this error:
>
> [root at zulu downloads]# eGenix mxODBC Zope DA: trying iODBC interface...
> loaded
> eGenix mxODBC Zope DA: trying unixODBC interface... loaded
> ------
> 2003-04-10T18:20:30 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.mxODBCZopeDA
> Traceback (innermost last):
>  File /usr/local/Zope-2.5.1b2-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/Application.py,
> line 531, in import_product
>  File Products/mxODBCZopeDA/__init__.py, line 10, in ?
>  File Products/mxODBCZopeDA/ZopeDA.py, line 385, in ?
> ImportError: eGenix mxODBC Zope DA requires mxODBC 2.1.x or later
>
> If I run Zope's built in python from the command line, I am able to
> import the mx module.  Any suggestions?

Yes: the mxODBC Zope DA comes with everything you need, including
a version of mxODBC 2.1 which is not available separately at
this moment.

To install mxODBC Zope DA all you have to do is unzip the
binary archive in the Zope Instance directory and then
install the license files as per instructions in the license
email you received.

If you install mxODBC from the eGenix site separately, then
you end up with the mxODBC Zope DA trying to use mxODBC 2.0
which doesn't work and gives you the error message you see
above.

To remedy this, simply remove the lib/python/mx directory and
reinstall the mxODBC Zope DA archive.

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 11 2003)