[egenix-users] mxODBC and Python-DBTCP????

Davis Marques davis at mccalldesign.com
Thu Apr 10 14:25:49 CEST 2003

> None of the above alternatives have been tested by us. Feedback
> is welcome.

Some feedback ...

> A cheap solution seems to be MDBTools ODBC driver:
> http://forums.devshed.com/archive/46/2002/06/4/37357
> http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/

After two days of trying to get this to work I've more or less run out
of patience. I won't recap the story, since its too long and arduous to
both write and read, but I ended up starting from scratch with a fresh
install of RedHat 9.  I've got MDB Tools, iODBC, unixODBC, mxODBC and
mxODBC Zope DA installed.  But, I can't get mxODBC to work.

When I start Zope, I get this error:

[root at zulu downloads]# eGenix mxODBC Zope DA: trying iODBC interface...
loaded
eGenix mxODBC Zope DA: trying unixODBC interface... loaded
------
2003-04-10T18:20:30 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.mxODBCZopeDA
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.5.1b2-linux2-x86/lib/python/OFS/Application.py,
line 531, in import_product
  File Products/mxODBCZopeDA/__init__.py, line 10, in ?
  File Products/mxODBCZopeDA/ZopeDA.py, line 385, in ?
ImportError: eGenix mxODBC Zope DA requires mxODBC 2.1.x or later

If I run Zope's built in python from the command line, I am able to
import the mx module.  Any suggestions?

Davis