[egenix-users] mxODBC and Python-DBTCP????

Davis Marques davis at mccalldesign.com
Tue Apr 8 12:16:36 CEST 2003

Hi;

I'm having no end of trouble attempting to get my Zope, which is running
on a Linux box, to fetch data from my MS Access database, which is
naturally running on a separate Windows box.  To get to the point up
front, I'm wondering if its possible to use mxODBC/Zope DA with DBTCP,
an open source ODBC client, rather than iODBC/unixODBC?  If so, how
difficult is this to accomplish?  My technical skills are somewhat limited.

So far, I've downloaded/installed mxODBC and the Zope DA and got them
running without much of a problem.  I've got iODBC installed and
running, but can't get the expensive driver's I've installed to work.
 After having spent HOURS and HOURS trying to make this run, I've pretty
much had it.  I know DBTCP works; there's just no Zope DA that works
with it.  If there's some means to connect the two, then it will save me
(and anyone else who needs to do this same thing) hours of work and a
lot of money.

Davis