[egenix-users] Re: DateTime bus error on Solaris

N. Thomas nthomas at cise.ufl.edu
Mon Sep 16 23:49:14 CEST 2002

* N. Thomas <nthomas at cise.ufl.edu> [2002-09-10 03:29:23 -0400]:
> I am using egenix-mx-base-2.0.3, Python 2.1.1 on a Sun Sparc machine running
> Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8).
>
> When I run any program that uses DateTime (or indeed, any module that calls
> it) I get the following error:
>
>     $ python foo.py
>     zsh: bus error  python foo.py

Thanks to a helpful python guru on #python, I was able to use gdb to track
down the cause of the crash, and shed some more light on the situation. Here
is the relevant info from gdb:

    mxDateTime_New () at mx/DateTime/mxDateTime/mxDateTime.c:333
    333             _Py_NewReference(datetime);

I'm assuming _Py_NewReference() is part of Python and not mxDateTime. What
could be causing this?

thomas

--
N. Thomas