[egenix-users] BeeDict memory usage

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Mon Sep 16 17:14:09 CEST 2002

On Monday 16 September 2002 12:53, you wrote:

> BeeDicts keep an internal cache which could be the cause of the
> memory footprint you are seeing. You can explicitly clear the
> cache by calling .free_cache().

This helps with the memory usage, but now I've got the same problem as
before, when I called flush(): the generated index files are smaller and
some information is missing. I'm trying to write a search engine, and the
index that calls free_cache() on every 50th file gets less matches when
searching (yes, the call to free_cache() is really the only difference in
the program).

Regards
 Daniel

--