[egenix-users] Anyone successfully compiled mxTextTools beta5 with MingW32?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Thu Sep 5 20:24:33 CEST 2002

[Mike C. Fletcher]=
> Well, sure, but not for the non-recursive rewrite (which I eventually
> want to build for people, I'm just starting with the unmodifed package
> to isolate any potential problems from my modifications).  Using Mingw32
> would let me build and distribute binaries of the non-recursive version
> for use with SimpleParse.
>
> No other major conspiracies in the wing,
> Mike
>
> M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> > Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure that he used CYGWIN all the way.
> >
> > Why would you want to build using MinGW32 ? eGenix.com provides
> > the binaries you need as installers for Windows.

Just wanted to confirm that I did indeed only use pure Cygwin.

I know that someone recently (maybe in the last three months) has managed to
compile Python using MingW32 (maybe it was you? :-)

I presume that you are interested in using MingW32 to avoid the need to
purchase VC++ or similar. Good luck!

regards
Python Web Programming                        pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/
Previous .sig file retired to                    www.homeforoldsigs.com