[egenix-users] New user woes, Oracle/IIS/ASP connection

David A. Fuess fuess at llnl.gov
Thu Oct 17 09:50:50 CEST 2002

Dear list members,

I am new to mxODBC (in the trial period to see if it will work for us). The
need is to connect to an Oracle instance on a Sun computer from a web
server running IIS 5.0 under Win2k. I have installed and tested the Oracle
Client tools and updated the Oracle ODBC driver to the latest version. I
installed mxODBC under Python 2.2.1  and tested successfully using a
locally run script in Pythonwin. So, at least at some level, I know all of
the interfaces work. The problem arises when I attempt to run the
connection from a CGI under IIS 5.0 (I am actually running it in an ASP
with language=Python). The error I get is:

OperationalError: ('IM003',160,'Specified driver could not be loaded due to
system error 5', 6038)

It appears that mx.ODBC.Windows is loading properly and the error is
generating from mx.ODBC.Windows.DriverConnect(). Other mx.<tools> appear to
load properly (although I have not checked them all).

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

David A. Fuess